Thursday, July 07, 2005

Tonight was a perfect night to crack open a bottle. I made Jambalaya with Andouille sausage, so I chose a red. I chilled it for 20 minutes and let it breathe a minute.

Wine #13 - 2003 Twinwells Shiraz Reserve - Southeastern Australia.

The aroma is a nice mix of sweet blackberry, with that hint of spice you usually get from a Shiraz. The taste is a nice follow because it lives up to the aroma. The initial taste is sweet. The finish is short, but you get the spice at the end. It is fairly dry for as sweet at it tastes at first.

Overall, I give it a thumbs up. It isn't too much, but it isn't super light either. It is a good medium body wine with nice flavor. This would work well without food, but I highly suggest chilling it for that initial 20 minutes to take a little of the bite out of it.

Total Wine Price - $9.99

No comments: