Saturday, February 19, 2005

The First of Many

Since this is the first day of my blog focusing on lower priced wines, I figured I should at least give you one review. I wouldn't want you to have to wait too long. Plus, you will now have an idea of what to expect.

Wine #1 - Solaris Special Release - 2002 Pinot Noir - Carneros
Solaris Winery - Rutherford, CA

I enjoy a good Pinot Noir, and this is one. It has a nice fruity aroma. The flavor is very subtle, but there is one to speak of. I would say a little woody or smoky. It is a very dry Pinot Noir, which is actually kind of nice. There is no extended, lingering aftertaste. After a few drinks you will feel a warmth in your cheeks, but that is the nature of a red I guess.

Overall, I would say this is a fine wine for the price. I think I paid $9.99 for the bottle, but I know for sure it was under $10. If you enjoy a Pinot Noir, I suggest giving this one a try. It was also a staff choice from one of the employees at Total Wine and More. 2 votes - thumbs up.

No comments: