Saturday, February 19, 2005

Welcome to 10 Dollar Wines!

For a while now, I have been wanting to create a blog and write about something interesting, something I enjoy, something that other people might enjoy. Then, last week, it hit me. I was in one of my favorite stores in Alexandria, VA - Total Wine and More (formally called Total Beverage.) My wife and I picked out a few new wines to try, but since we are trying to buy a house in a few months, we stuck to the cheap stuff.

Eureka!

There are some other wine sites and blogs that have occasional features on bargain wines. But I figured that why not dedicate one strictly to wines that are affordable? Why not indeed.

So here you have it. 10 Dollar Wines will focus on my reviews of bottles of wine that I can find under $10. I will tell you right now, I don't have a formal wine education. I don't have a wine cellar in my apartment, nor will there be one in the new house. I just like certain wines, and I will tell you what I like or don't like. Pretty simple.

If anyone has any suggestions for wines to try, I am all ears. If any vineyards want to send me free bottles of their $10 wines, I will gladly drink them and review them.

And yes, you will get posts from me that may not be related to wine. But isn't that the beauty of a blog? Exactly.

No comments: