Friday, March 25, 2005

Busy, busy, busy

Sorry I have had such a long gap between posts. This week has been nuts. The wife had a birthday. I went to the U. of Maryland NIT game. We had soccer. Goodness, tonight is the first night I will get to bed before midnight.

Monday night was great. We attended a wine class in DC. The Wine Tasting Association (WTA) sponsors classes all the time. This was a "How to Taste Wine" class. Overall, it was great. I learned what a true "corked" bottle smells like. I learned some proper terminology and some hints when selecting wines. And of course, the proper steps in tasting a wine. We tried 12 wines overall. Some were under $10, and some were over. To be honest, I didn't have anything that really wowed me. But then again, it was somewhat tough to know the exact wine you were drinking. It was set up as a blind tasting to help train us with the info we were given.

There is another class Monday at the same restaurant, Rosemary's Thyme. As a restaurant, the food was marginal. However, their backroom is a nice setting for such an event.

Now that I have a little time, I will get back to trying the wines. More to come soon.

No comments: