Saturday, March 19, 2005

Today's Tasting

Just an aside from the last posting - I did finish that bottle with no problem, and damn was it good.

There is place near me called finewine.com. You would think that this is just a website, but they have two brick and mortar locations in the DC area. They were having a tasting today where you paid $5 to get in, but you got it back with any wine purchase. Overall, the tasting was ok. I definitely tried more wines that I didn't like. I was also disappointed that most of the wines were over $10. Yes, most wines are, but that isn't what this site is about.

I did buy two wines (neither of which I tried while there.)

Wine #8 - 2002 Blackwing Shiraz - Step Rd Winery, Australia.

I discovered Shiraz at the Washington Wine Festival. I tried 3 and liked them all. This one I am not a fan of. There is no real fruit in the aroma. It is more spicy. You get that spice in the finish too, and in my opinion, too much. The spice sticks around.

I will continue to look at different Shiraz. Anyone know how to say the plural?

No comments: